The feeding system type AFS 500 is construed to feed forming box cuttings into a cartoning system magazine automatically. Thereby, the folding boxes can be pre-packed in a cardboard tray as well as in a usual shipping carton (American case). If it concerns a shipping carton, cutting the adhesive tape and opening the top flaps and dust flaps is executed in a fully automated process.
Depending on the required degree of automation, the cardboard boxes can either be provided on a buffer conveyor manually by the operator or automatically from the pallet by a robot. The detection of cardboard boxes on the pallets is executed by a simple 3D sensor system.
Remaining packaging material like intermediate layers or the empty shipping carton are forwarded to a disposal box in flat-lying condition or stacked onto a pallet.
The cartoning magazine is equipped with an automated restraining system which ensures that the respective last folding box blank does not fall over.
The feeding system can be used with nearly all cartoning machines available on the market, with new as well as with existing machines.
Therefore, the high weights of shipping cartons and the partly stretched body posture during the magazine loading do not cause high physical stress for operators any longer.
- in all industries
- wherever magazines have to be loaded with folding box blanks
- operations at new and existing machines
- for mono- and multiple-format operations
- replacement of a typically manually executed process
- up to 500 folding carton boxes/min
- shipping cartons as American Case (Fefco 0201), alternatively carton tray
- format change in the minute range
- cell size depending on number of pallet spaces
- automated pallet exchange
- AGV connection
- automated format change
- component monitoring per RFID
- packaging material surveillance via code scanner
- monitored line clearance
- operation without mechanical safety housing (coexistent operations)